The perfect custom e-commerce website for your business may be best left as a dream for now.
Most small businesses don’t need a custom e-commerce website. When an off the shelf product will work.
If your small business is tight on funds as most small businesses are. You don’t want to tie up your cash flow with a custom e-commerce dream site.
Think of it another way. Say you need to buy a car. Will you buy a car that’s already made and ready to go? Or would you order a custom made car, to your exact specifications? Are you prepared to pay for the extra cost and wait for it to be made for you?
And that’s after the time it will take to find a developer or company to make the site for you.
Almost everyone will choose a ready made car. So choose a ready made, easy to configure e-commerce solution.
There are many options:
- Don’t overlook the worlds largest e-commerce platform Amazon
- Ebay used to be about auctions, but now many buyers and sellers are just selling at a fixed price Ebay
- Etsy if you are selling craft / homemade style things Etsy
- Shopify has a great platform and even a POS solution for your small business Shopify
- Volusion is a competitor to Shopify Volusion and also has a 14 day free trial.
So if you are looking to get going with e-commerce for your small business. Consider the options above, to get you transacting online
If you have any questions about the above and need any more help / advice, please contact me.